1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hanging up on Ann Coulter

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jul 9, 2006.

1. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Talk about proving your own point, unintentionally.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

So based on your logic, if I avert my gaze when an ugly person comes into my field of vision, then I'm censoring and discriminating, right?

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hondo doesn't quite grasp the concept of "censorship"

Go figure.

4. As an occasional book arthur myself, I have to say there's a bit of me that's with hondo on this one, and I also think it's a pain in the ass thing to do to the underpaid sods who work at, say, Barnes and Noble.
    That said I think the "short step" hono mentions is a pretty damn important one. This isn't bookburning and does not necessarily lead to it and, anyway, that's largely been the province of Ms. Coulter's side of the equation.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Let's not overreact here. The guy was talking about turning the book over, ostensibly so he wouldn't have to see Coulter's mug, or putting another book on top of it. If he's burning in the aisles of Waldenbooks, call security. But he's not doing anything that some tightass religious freak hasn't done by putting a copy of Field and Stream in front of a copy of Penthouse or Playboy.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I would go farther and take several copies of Coulter into the little boys' room and toss them in the wastebasket, covered with paper towels.

Draft saved Draft deleted