1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hang with the hacks: Alabama shilling "press box experiences"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rockbottom, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I have never used an ATM in a press box ... Well, not unless you include Churchill Downs.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

This is ridiculous. This is Bama. I'm speechless.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

What is the appeal of this to fans? A better seat? Never been to Bryant-Denny, but press boxes in general are becoming lousier seats. Do fans think Alabama beat writers spend the game discussing top secret shit Nick Saban tells them after they take a secrecy blood oath?

4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Outstanding. +1

5. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Press box at B-DS is actually one of the few that is primo 50-yard seats. They'll figure out, eventually, that the value of the space is more for drooling Tide fans vs. drooling local media -- who will slather Saban's ego no matter if they are in the present space or sent off to the upper deck.

rb

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So much drool in that state.

7. Rockbottom

As you well know, sir Sonner. :)

rb

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

You're exactly right. Surprised they haven't given these seats up to their fans and pushed the media to the end zones or upper deck like some other places.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Any asshole sits next to me under those circumstances better be ready to run some quotes.

10. Rockbottom

And fetch some Dr Pepper, pronto!

rb

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Off topic and all, but going off Doc's post, a I really prefer being way high up for football. So much easier to see how plays develop than when you're closer to field level.

12. Rockbottom

FWIW, Bryant-Denny's press box is at PERFECT television camera level -- arguably the best seats in all of college football for the hacks.

rb

Draft saved Draft deleted