1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Haney: Tiger is a cheap, rude prick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"Star Athlete Unlikeable - film at 11."

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

None of it is surprising. Given Woods' sexual behavior - he built a kind of traveling, roadside harem, if you will, taking any woman who'd give in to him - nothing this side of assault/murder would be jaw-dropping.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If Williams writes a book, he better have his racing career lined up full time, cause he'll never loop for a PGA Tour Player again.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Maybe. But Tiger isn't exactly well-liked by some on the tour, so he might be given a pass. It says a lot that given some of Williams' behavior, that he has a job now.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I don't think that Adam Scott was particularly giddy with Stevie when he went off after the Bridgestone.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Right because players love being upstaged by their caddies. I don't know a ton about golf, but people I know who are say Williams is a great caddy.

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Millions? None.

I read somewhere, can't remember where, that Haney was paid $50,000 a year and got an extra $25,000 every time Woods won a major.

Did Haney get more high-end work because he was working with Tiger? That would make sense, but I don't think Haney got rich off this relationship.

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Yeah probably not rich, but I also don't see him getting the Hank Haney Project on Golf Channel if he's simply Hank Haney, coach of two-time major champion Mark O'Meara.

Even as a Tiger homer - 19th major coming at 2017 PGA Championship - I don't think Haney violated some coach code. He wrote it, if another player doesn't want to work with him, Haney can deal with that. If a player does, they know the deal going in - and they also know there are, well, no other golfers anyone is interested in reading a tell-all about, so the chances of Haney revealing more details about another player in a book are basically zero.

And hell, if Phil Jackson and Kobe Bryant can work together for six seasons and win two titles after Phil eviscerated Kobe in The Last Season, then maybe Hank will be back on Tiger's payroll by the time that 2017 PGA rolls around.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Here's a hint, Eldrick: If you're an *sshole to people and treat your wife, co-workers, your hired help, media and fans like crap, don't cry foul when they rip you.

Karma's a bitch.

10. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

It's $47K a year to attend Haney's golf academy in South Carolina. I don't think Hank's hurting for money.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Steve's fiscally set for life. He doesn't give a fuck.

12. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

It isn't like Haney signed a for-life nondisclosure or anything. And he isn't a doctor or lawyer bound to code. He worked for a world-class athlete/asshole, and now sees the opportunity to further expose both world-class aspects.

Plus, IIRC, Haney has already said he is done working with PGA Tour types.

rb

Draft saved Draft deleted