1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Handicapping AP Male Athlete of the Year

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nafselon, Aug 31, 2006.

1. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Tiger, unless one of the big baseball superstars has a monster playoffs and World Series....or if one of the big NFL quarterbacks goes 16-0 in the regular season (Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Ron Mexico)

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

For now:
    Woods
    Federer
    Howard(Has a chance to be the first person to break the Maris record without usin' the roids....at least I hope he isn't)

I think Larry Johnson has a strong chance to be in there. Getting over 1,750 while only starting 9 games is amazing. I also think that if you're going put DWade in that list, you're going to have to put Shaq in there too.

3. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Either you give it to LeBron James or Kobe Bryant.

4. Chuck~Taylor

I don't know about that. I think Tiger wins this one hands down. But I think DWade deserves to be in there. But Shaq has to be in there too. LBJ and Kobe had a great year but DWade's play against the Pistons and Mavs was amazing. But I will say that LBJ and Kobe would've had the same result if they would've switched teams with DWade. I think LBJ sort of "helped out" DWade and the Heat because he exposed the Pistons' weakness(All the Pistons' points came from the perimeter. They had no inside game.)

5. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

That is so true and I am tried of people saying that Wade is better than LBJ and Kobe cause we all know the truth if Shaq was still with Lakers they can't be beat, or the other way around if he was with the CAVS they would have the same results like you said, but hey this is my my point LBJ and KOBE are two best players in the league and no one and I mean no one can prove me wrong on this one and if you don't think so your crazy.

6. jay_christley

jay_christley Member

Um, it's Male Athlete of the Year.
    Not MVP.
    Wade won a championship, Bryant didn't.
    Bryant can try again in 2007.

7. Chuck~Taylor

Yeah, I know. I'm just really bored :) .

8. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Ok we will see who gets the last laugh.

9. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

You son of a gun I will deal with you later.

10. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Oh really.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Just wanted to post, to make sure Rambo himself didn't make it four in a row.

Draft saved Draft deleted