1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Hancock"? Meh.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jul 3, 2008.

1. It was OK. I thought the "we're immortal!" plot device was lame.

Surprisingly, I think Mrs. Omar ended up liking this one more than I did.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Yeah, Ironman was the best by far of those I've seen... but I have huge hopes for the Dark Knight. Hadn't seen Batman Begins until another poster bade me to see it last week. Was floored by how good it was. Can't wait for more.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

NSFW for language.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I spent $45.00 on Saturday to take my three sons (20 & 22) to see it. Even they thought it sucked big time.

First hour was kinda amusing. The last half hour was unbelievably bad. If you were a screenwriter, would you want your name anywhere on this shit?

Even Will Smith was tiresome.

5. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Uhhh... Diddy, Puffy, whatever your name is these days: Luke Cage called. He said you're a moron.

And there was a black Green Lantern. And Blade. And Jet. And at least one version of Nick Fury.

Hancock wasn't the first. He was just the worst.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

No real plan to see it, but Jason Bateman's always a riot. I like Will Smith too, but this just doesn't seem like it's worth seeing.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the hell out of this movie. Maybe that's because I don't watch other superhero movies, though.

8. dargan

dargan Active Member

As others have said, it starts out OK. Interesting concept of a bad-guy good guy. Will Smith's funny.

Then it reaches the halfway point, the Charlize Theron plot line pops up, and the rest of it sucks.

Bad.

I Am Legend was better, but definitely not because of its final 20 minutes.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I liked the first half where he was a superhero screwing around then working to gain everyone's respect and pull his act together. The second half was meh. I guess backstory was needed, but it wasn't good so the second half of the movie wasn't great.

10. JackReacher

Apparently, I'm the only one that likes this movie and the only one that enjoyed Flavor Flav's Roast on Comedy Central. I must suck at life.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Out of the mouths of babes...

12. JackReacher

In fact, Hancock was the best movie I've ever seen. Just fantastic. Loved every minute of it, beginning, middle and end. Oh, what an ending!

Draft saved Draft deleted