1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Hancock"? Meh.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Just left the theater. My advice: Wait for video, unless you've got nothing better to do. It was okay, I laughed a few times. Decent storyline, Smith's okay, Bateman's pretty damned good... it just doesn't have much "wow" factor. It shouldn't have been a summer movie. It would have been fine for spring or fall, when expectations are lower. As a summer flick, it elicits a mere "meh."

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

looks like abc really picked out a winner to promote the fuck out of during the nba finals...

4. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

Hancock? Sounds like a bird ... flying around.....

[​IMG]

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Saw this movie with friends over the 4th of July weekend. I didn't pay for my ticket ... but I want my friend's money back!

Awful movie. Terrible. Terrible. Terrible.

6. JCT89

JCT89 Active Member

Yeah this movie really isn't very good. The first part starts out really good because it isn't your stereotypical superhero movie and because Will Smith kicks ass, but the ending for this movie is terrible. Definitely wait for it on DVD or even for it to be on tv.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Hey, at least there's no bitch-ass Robin in the movie.

8. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Agreed, was very lackluster compared to Smith's last film. I am Legend was amazing. Hancock must have done something right, it cleaned up at the box office.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Speaking of flicks, "Love Guru" must have really tanked (I haven't seen numbers). I was scoping out the local movie times today and saw it was only showing twice -- at noon and 2pm. "Zohan" was released the same day and it has showings all day, running up to midnight.

10. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Just got back. Wish I had seen this thread before going.

Movie sucked.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

relative to most on the board, my movie standards are low. I enjoy most of them. Aside from getting to ogle Charlize Theron, this one was a disappointment though.

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Trying to find a film this summer that meaures up to Ironman, nothing is even close. I hope Righteous Kill doesn't suck.

As for Hancock, I thought Will was better at picking films, his last few have been money

Draft saved Draft deleted