1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hammer dropping as we speak at the Sun-Sentinel

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SF_Express, May 18, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Michael is a good guy. I wish him the best.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

This is true. Here in podunkville, everything I have found would actually pay LESS (after taxes and deductions) than what I am getting from UI and some freelance stuff. And moving ain't cheap, either.

3. Deskhack

Deskhack Member

Wow. I met Michael once a couple years ago and really liked him. He's a very talented writer. I really hope he lands on his feet.

4. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Just in trying to find a second job, just hours on the side, there just isn't anything out there right now. My sympathies to anyone needing a full-time job in this climate.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I'm guessing he was a casualty in their need to insulate themselves from an agism suit from all the veteran white guys who were whacked.

The lawyers probably gave them a quota they had to hit of "non-older white guys." Because, on merit, it made no sense.

Cunningham, while never a workaholic, was really starting to hit his stride with some of the most consistently interesting material in the section.

Draft saved Draft deleted