1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hamburgers now weapons

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Shit, I remember back in the day our local McDonald's used to have a 20-McNugget Tuesday for half-price, which was like $3 or something.

Me and my buddy would buy 40 each, and eat them all in one sitting.

The thought makes me want to puke right now.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My first day in high school, I ate lunch alone for whatever reason; my best friend and I probably had different lunch periods. With an open lunch policy and no friends, I didn't want to sit in the cafeteria. So I walked a mile to the McDonald's, ordered the 20-piece meal and sat in the corner wolfing them down. Chicken McNuggets are tiny pieces of bliss.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I think it was about a 1-in-6 ratio where you'd bite into one and they'd be half or more of fat and gristle. That would usually turn my stomach then, but not nearly as much as that would now.

That was back in the 'formed pieces of chicken' days.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It could have been 95 percent far, and I wouldn't have cared. They were golden bits of Heaven.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I've wolfed down many a 20-piece. I just didn't want to sound like a complete slob figuring out the calories for a 20-piece. So thanks fatty. :D :D :D

good Lord, to eat that much in one sitting is disgusting beyond belief. I hope I never do that again.

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I've never been able to figure out how they smash the baby chicks into that nugget shape.

What do they do with the feet?

Draft saved Draft deleted