1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hamas Official Assassinated in Dubai

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Feb 17, 2010.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Cran, I wasn't referring to anything you said. The post above mine said "Everyone knows they did, but they'll deny it. In the mean time, the bad guys have to be worried."

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Men with names of the assassins all live in Israel.

Israel, by the way, has issued a non-denial denial in which it essentially says, "There's no proof so you can't prove nothin'!"

http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSLDE61G0FB

(I love that one of the file directories on Reuters' web site is "latestCrisis" -- I suppose that makes it easier to find for them.)

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well, I guess I do see it differently, but for discussion purposes, the guys who Israel considers "bad guys" know who they are and have to be worried, or at least reconsidering their travel plans.

But regardless of what you think of the players involved -- much like the ex-KGB agent killed in the U.K. -- it's still a fascinating story.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

The thing is, as bad as Hamas is, they are democratically elected in the area they govern. This would be the hazard of installing democracies. Sometimes people vote for the 'wrong' people.

5. YankeeFan

I have a feeling that this thread will go a lot better if we stick to discussing this particular incident and not the broader topic of Middle East politics.

I just think it's to interesting a story to not discuss & we'll end up with a lock if it all goes off the rails.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Fair enough, but what's to discuss besides 'Cool, Cold War-style spy thrills!'

7. YankeeFan

I don't know, I think that's pretty interesting.

Who ordered it? Who are these people?

The logistics of it are interesting to me. How'd they know he was going to be there? How'd they track him? How'd they get in and out of the country?

We just don't hear about too many of these stories.

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Why didn't the Hamas guy have any security?

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Aside from Sunan International Airport in North Korea has anyone ever seen an airport as desserted as the one in Dubai?

As a Member of the Tribe it brings a quiet smile knowing that after a couple thousand years of getting pushed around, hitting them back is becoming part of the culture.

As they said back in the '20's & '30s on the playgrounds of the Lower East Side
    Alef, Bet, Gimmel, Daled
    Hit the Goyim good and solid.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Becoming? It's 2010.

11. verbalkint

verbalkint Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/1258187.stm

...and...

http://www.amazon.com/Kill-Khalid-Failed-Mossad-Assassination/dp/1595583254

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The Roman conquest of Jerusalem was 39 BC and The Second Temple was destroyed in the year 70 C.E. Historicaly speaking, the shit that happened in 1948 was yesterday

Draft saved Draft deleted