1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Halloween treat for Springsteen fans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Oct 31, 2008.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Magic, It was all Halloween stuff, some of it might have been motion sensitive things where something might move as you passed it as you walked up the driveway toward the house. I don't remember the specifics, except how he was dressed. It was a while ago. I remember you walked up a long driveway toward the house and it was decorated to the hilt. Lots of people go really over the top trying to do spooky decorations -- I know someone who does that and she has a big house and she dresses as a witch and is known throughout her neighborhood -- but this was different because it was Bruce Sprinsteen and he is famous. This was 9 or 10 years ago. I am not sure how long he had been doing it or if he got more elaborate with each year, because even though we went over there specifically because we heard he goes over the top and you would get to see him, it wasn't like there were thousands of people from other neighborhoods flooding his house. So maybe it was something that got out of control in subsequent years? We got all the way up the driveway, near his door and he was there in the costume I described, handing out candy with his wife. His costume was a deranged hunter's outfit and a deer head with blood mounted on his back. It was cool looking. It looked real and he had definitely had it made professionally, and probably had had a make-up artist do the work... It was that good of a costume.

2. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

That is amazing. Every time I think he can't get any cooler ... he'll do something like pull a brand new song out that he wrote for Obama and debuted two days before the election in Cleveland. I know I'm over the top, but I can't help it. Thanks for the 411 though.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

That new Obama song is about 20 times better than this Hallowween thing.

Now THAT sounds like the start of a new record. If current events continue to be his muse (Economy sucks, Nebraska; I hate my wife, Tunnel of Love; I love my wife, Lucky Town; 9/11, The Rising; Bush Sucks, Magic), then a whole album about optimism for the U.S. would be fine with me if it gets the band back out on the road.

4. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I hear ya. He has until the Super Bowl to get it done.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

For those that haven't seen/heard the new song he played at the Obama rally Sunday, here it is, 'Working on a Dream':

Draft saved Draft deleted