1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Halloween... the remake?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

Yup, it's true, and I guess Rob Zombie is the guy doing this. It comes out Aug. 31.

Remember seeing the original in the theater as a kid. Scared the hell out of me. John Carpenter's theme has to be the best work ever for a horror movie.

One of the best aspects of the original was the fact there was no blood... none. The story, the setting and, of course, the music, made it a great flick.

The lovely Jamie Lee: "What's the boogeyman?"

The late, great Donald Pleasance: "As a matter of fact, it was"

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Is this an actual remake or another damn sequel?

The original is, hands down, the scariest fucking movie I've ever seen. I remember watching it for the first time on video when I was in college in 1999. Went to the girlfriend's house, turned out the lights and had the daylights scared out of me. The high-piercing music when Jamie Lee Curtis sees her friend ... I swear my blood ran cold. My girlfriend was crying she was so scared.

Please tell me this is not a remake.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think it is a remake. I don't really understand remaking a movie that has had 52 sequels, though.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It is not a sequel. I read something about it a while ago and Rob Zombie wanted no part of a sequel. He wanted to take the basic story and start from scratch. I'm not much of a horror film fan, but I'll probably watch it when it makes its way to HBO.

5. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I really, really liked "House of 1,000 corpses" and "Devil's Rejects" so I have a feeling "Halloween" is a must-see.

Though, I never saw the original. A couple of the sequels, yes, but never the original.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

From the commercials, it looks like a fill in the blanks-type story. Maybe showing a little more of Michael Myers' childhood, his time in the asylum, that sort of thing. All leading up to the events of the first movie. Could be a cool concept. There were a couple of photos on the movie's web site showing Tyler Mane (Sabretooth from X-Men, and the guy who plays Myers) without his mask.

The scariest part of the original, to me, was when Tommy (the little boy) looks out the window and sees Michael Myers carrying the dead babysitter into the house across the street. Just one of those freaky, "what goes through your head in that situation?" moments.

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Yeah, that was pretty freaky. Even to this day, the part that really freaks me out is the blonde waiting in bed for her boyfriend to return with a beer. Boyfriend met Michael Myers. Michael Myers goes to bedroom, slowly opens door, wearing a bedsheet over his body with boyfriend's glasses on.

"See anything you like?"

No response. Just breathing.

"What's the matter Bob? Can't I get your ghost?"

No response.

"All right, all right, where's my beer?"

No response.

"Well can't you answer?"

No response.

8. joe

joe Active Member

Halloween and The Fog were the two scariest movies as a kid.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Anyone excited about this should remember it's being released Labor Day weekend, which is usually the weekend studios bury their shit.

If it was any good, wouldn't it come out in October?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Did anybody see the remake of The Fog? Did it suck?

Also, how do you not release this on Halloween?

11. joe

joe Active Member

Fog remake sucked sweaty donkey balls.

12. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Or at the very least in October.

Draft saved Draft deleted