1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Halloween costumes: How much is too much?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Clever username, Sep 1, 2007.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

One of my buddies always goes as Santa Claus so girls will sit on his lap.
    Works every year.

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Damn, KG. I love Dorothy costumes ... ah, hell, I love all costumes that can't be worn when it's too cold.

My roommate and I have been debating going as Superbad guys ( George Michael and the fat one) or Entourage (Turtle and Drama).

I think we're leaning toward Entourage, me as Drama and him as Turtle. I can either buy a Viking Quest t-shirt from one of numerous online vendors or go with full Viking quest armor, helmet and battle ax. I need to start growing a goatee yesterday.

VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

If you're older than 14 and still dresing up for Halloween, you need therapy...serious therapy.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I'm going as a Ravenclaw student :D but some of my fave last year was a group I saw. They all had bought just really cheap colored shirts, elbow pads, knee pads and helmets to go as contestants from "Legends of the Hidden Temple." Some of you oldies out there might not have seen it, but it was an amazing show everybody always wanted to go on.

5. audreyld

audreyld Guest

That's so funny, though it's definitely only suited to a particular age range.

I wonder what other old-school shows I could rip off for an idea.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Ten years ago, I'd agree, but there's a lot more costume parties out there now for the under-30 set.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Grumpy old fart. :)

8. lono

lono Active Member

Get two friends, blonde wigs, campy clothes and go as Marcia, Jan and Cindy Brady.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Surrender Dorothy!

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

It's been years. Last time I did the costume thing, I went as a Meme, complete with mumu and bad wig (little tough with a beard now, though). My wife went as Tippi Hedren, complete with birds glued to her and fake blood.
    Best Halloween costume at a party I've attended: guy who lived down the floor from me in college (won't ID him, but he's a millionaire in the movie biz, and his ex-girlfriend has been in the news quite a bit this year) as JFK, complete with fake-blood hole in his forehead.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Since I'm in need of therapy (according to Spnited) I thought I'd throw this question out to the crowd. I think I'm going as Keanu Reeves in Speed this year, only I'm not sure which costume to use: the full swat gear (tactical vest, blue coveralls, black gloves, MK5) or the outfit he wears toward the end, when it's just his civilian gear (white t-shirt stained with oil, khakis) under a tac vest with a beretta.

Civilian Keanu is cheaper, but I wonder if full swat Keanu will look cooler. Whatcha'll think?

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Serious therapy, Pern.

Draft saved Draft deleted