1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Halloween costumes: How much is too much?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Clever username, Sep 1, 2007.

1. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Six years ago, I was supposed to hit a costume ball at someone's house, and didn't have a costume.

Bedsheet (no, jackasses, I wasn't a Klansman). Holes cut out for eyes.

Worst. Ghost. Ever.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I will be the same thing I've been for the last 13 years: An ugly, white dude.

My progression was a simple one. At 8, I was a football player. At 9, I was Rickey Henderson. At 10, I was a Mets player. At 11, I was what turned into Rick Peterson, some schmuck walking around in a Mets hat and a Mets jacket. At 12, I went out as just myself. At 13, I hung up the cleats.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I bumped this up because it's almost October.

Dr. J and I are thinking of going as a pregnant nun and a priest. I'm non sure who will go as who.

Are we going to hell?

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Last year, a buddy of mine (who is male) went as a female women's basketball coach. Heels, horrible suit, a wig. Hilarious.

I had to throw mine together at the last minute, so I was a priest (cliche, I know). But as a twist, when people I didn't know commented on it, I said "What costume?" It caused some hilariously awkward moments. I never told some people I was joking, either. I'd just say "God bless you" or something and walk away.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

And before anyone asks, yes, I begged and pleaded for my girlfriend to dress up as an altar boy. She wouldn't do it.

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I'm going to go as an Eagles' offensive lineman. I'll just walk anyone in blue go right by.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Wouldn't dressing as a slice of swiss cheese be the same thing?

8. lono

lono Active Member

I once wore a white shirt, silk rep tie, nice suit jacket, argyle socks, tassel loafers, no pants and carried a fifth of Boodles gin.

Best. Ted. Kennedy. Ever.

9. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I'm going to a costume party as Ron Burgundy this year, and my girlfriend is going to be Veronica Corningstone. You stay classy, trick or treaters.

10. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I'm planning on going in full-on New Orleans Saints garb, face painted in black and gold. I'll walk around the party all night saying, "What? I'm a year late?"

11. KG

KG Active Member

I think I'll just wear my Dorothy costume again. But if by some freak of nature it's really cold that night I'll wear my Pooh costume.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

My old roommate and her friend did this one year, with some dude dressing up as the Pope. Was hilarious.

Draft saved Draft deleted