1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Halloween costumes: How much is too much?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Clever username, Sep 1, 2007.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I don't wear a costume for Halloween. When people ask I tell them I'm dressed as a serial killer. They look like everybody else.

2. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Actually, Mr. Thing, when you shave hairy legs you're a lot less likely to get razor burn. :D

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I'd go as a cheerleader or whatever just so I could play with the boobs.

4. audreyld

audreyld Guest

My mom and dad did that one year for a Halloween party. She went as a football player and he went as a cheerleader.

5. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Can we please postpone this thread until, at least, October?

I never worry about a costume until Oct., 30. The 27th at the earliest.

6. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Last year I went to a party as an anti-halloween crusader and handed out tracts.

Good times.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

DTGDTN!

8. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I tell people I'm a sensitive, compassionate, emotionally well-adjusted adult male. Of course, I'm allegedly two of those all year long.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Adult and male?

10. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Halloween sucks. Everyone just may as well dress up like grundles.

11. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Doing it years apart, or at different functions where one set of friends were at one event and another set of friends were at another function (just so it didn't look like I was repeating myself), I went as Lt. Columbo.

Another year as Groucho (Easy to flirt that way).

Last year, went as baseball player....Tried to hook up with a woman dressed as a Girl Scout. She looked great...but had waaay too many piercings.

12. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Last year I was a tool. Wore a witty saying T-shirt over a white dress shirt, popped the collar, threw on a fake vintage blazer, scuffed up jeans and a newsboy hat.
    It was amusing, but telling a hottie that you are a tool is not the greatest first impression.

Draft saved Draft deleted