1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Halloween costumes: How much is too much?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Clever username, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Saw some pumpkins today, got to thinking about a costume idea that's been floating about in my head.

Anyway, would I be crazy to spend at least $80 on putting a costume together? I would actually be buying real clothes, not a specific costume, but there's no way I would ever have any use for the clothes beyond the costume.

And what are you going to be this year? Don't puss out on me, bitches. You know you're dressing up. I don't care how old you are.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Re: Halloween: How much is too much?

I am going as a fat Amy Winehouse.

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

This topic always makes me think back to grade school, sitting in sixth grade on Halloween: The younger kids would come to school in costume and parade through your classroom. So these third graders come through, and it's the usual: Princesses, cowboys, Superman, witches.

Then one kid in green khaki pants and a green shirt comes along, and he's saying, "Beep! Beep!" Somebody says, "Kid, what are you supposed to be?"

He said: "An Army Jeep." Then he looked at his shoes and said, "We're Jehovah's Witnesses and I can't dress up for Halloween."

Poor guy. Of course, at the time, my buddies and out burst out laughing.

4. Clever username

This is probably at least the 10th thread that I forgot I started.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

My dream costume would be going as a football player, and dress Dr. J up like a cheerleader.

He has great legs, I don't know why he won't go for it.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Best costume I ever had was in college when my roommates and I went as the chanting monks form Monty Python.
    I would love to go as Dr. Zoidberg dressed as Jesus, but that'd be way too hard to pull off.
    [​IMG]

7. Clever username

FarmerJ, I'll go out on a limb and say the emasculation.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Why not go track down the clothes at a Salvation Army/Goodwill and save a bunch of coin?

9. Clever username

I'm guessing a purple suit would not be easy to find. Especially one that fit me. I'm not exactly of common proportions.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Are you shorter than SC Verne Troyer?

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I don't know, my ex-boyfriend went as a girl once an looked pretty good.

And he was already a pussy.

12. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Yes, but he might not want razor rash on those great legs.

Draft saved Draft deleted