1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

halloween costume ideas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ralph wiggum, Oct 25, 2006.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think the naked spaceman is worth a shot.

2. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

That's what the devil said on last night's South Park

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Two ideas:

- Just get a paper bag and cut out two holes for the eyes and one for the mouth. Memorize a book of bad jokes and go as the "unknown comic" (although you'd have to have seen the Gong Show to get the reference)

- Cut the seat out of a pair of jeans (or other pants). Wear no underwear, but go fully dressed otherwise. When people ask what you're dressed as, turn around and say you're a full moon. Or cut out half of the seat to go as a half moon... or cut other proportions to go as different moon stages.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Uh, no.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I think the best easy costume would be to cut too many holes in a sheet and go as Charlie Brown, circa "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown."

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Damn you, Bubbler! You've ruined the surprise for everyone when I walk into the SportsJournalists.com Halloween party!

To answer the question that started this thread, Maverick from 'Top Gun' is pretty easy. Go to your Army/Navy surplus, buy a green jumpsuit and a few naval patches. Then pick up a $5 pair of aviator glasses. You can even try singing "You lost that loving feeling" if a lass named Charlie catches your eye.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I thought this was a new thread and then I saw some strange posters and I couldn't figure out what was going on.

The rare 1-year later thread bump.

I still think I am going to go as a sports writer.

8. bigpern23

Hell, I didn't even notice it was from last year.

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Maybe I can get some input here... I have this Spider-Man costume my ex got me a few years ago... it's very tight and spandex-y, and I wouldn't dare wear it by itself for obvious, fig-and-berry smuggling reasons.

Anyway, I was thinking of going as Peter Parker, with the Spider-Man costume on underneath and showing under a shirt...

Lame?

10. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

I think it works ... that's among the best ideas I've heard this season.

11. bigpern23

I had a similar costume a few years ago, only I went as Clark Kent with the shirt ripped open and the "S" poking out underneath. It went over pretty well.

Of course, you could go as Spidey and just stuff your jock. :)

12. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

There's always Invisible Pedestrian or Johnny Human Torch ...

Draft saved Draft deleted