1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Halloween at the Wendy's Drive-Thru

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Oct 31, 2007.

1. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Glad I wasn't the only to applaud.

Sorry for disappointing you, Seahawk.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Cullen hasn't said anything about Kitna's costume (I don't think). This was started by Drew Sharp at the Freep, saying it was a bad idea.

There were some Lions' teammates that thought it was funny and ok. And most TV announcers around here have said (either on air or in blogs) it's not a big deal.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Jemele Hill was on Cold Pizza Firstake today.

She said Cullen has come out with a statement that said he was OK with this.

She also tried to draw a parallel with the Mitchell/Fontes situation, saying that when Mitchell pulled that stunt, the Lions' season fell apart.

Excuse me, it's a f..king Halloween costume! Get a grip!

4. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Seems like my initial reaction to this was wrong, and Cullen, the Lions, etc. are all fine with this. I read too much into the column, and I was under the impression that Cullen was not happy or amused with the Kitnas costume.

Maybe Cullen doesn't have the issues I thought he had, or at least he isn't addressing them. Maybe he is comfortable with other people mocking his situation. If that is indeed the case, I retract my earlier comments.

I've got a brother and an uncle who have done significant damage to their lives and others with the bottle (they have a combined 3 DUIs/multiple firings between them). That being the case, I admit, I'm a little sensitive to making jokes about drunk driving.

If Kitna and Cullen can laugh together about that specific situation, I shouldn't judge.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted