1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Halloween at the Wendy's Drive-Thru

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071030/SPORTS01/71030082/1048/SPORTS&imw=Y

[​IMG]

:eek: :eek: :eek:

And at this juncture, as someone who has pretty much utterly trashed Kitna since he arrived in Detroit, may I say for the record, "hooray for Jon Kitna."

2. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

"I wonder if Cullen or head coach Rod Marinelli share that sentiment, considering the humiliation that the episode caused Cullen and his family."

Uh, Mr. Cullen? Don't want to be more embarrassed? Don't drive naked. Simple as that.

That statement reminded me of Colleen Bellotti. HOW DARE YOU PUT MY FAMILY THROUGH MORE PAIN?

Uh, your perfect angel's two DUIs got it started, ma'am.

Good find, Starman.

3. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

This doesn't make much sense for Kitna to do. Your team is off to a 5-2 start after years of sucking, and you do something that could potentially open some deep, painful wounds for a member of your own team? Is that the kind of leadership you want your starting QB to display.

Joel, I'm going to guess you've never watched either a relative or close friend battle personal demons such as alcoholism. The kind of things that Cullen went through - while brought on by himself - could have ruined his life, and the lives of those around him. The guy got arrested twice in a week for alcohol-related incidents, and wound up seeking treatment and getting into AA. It's not always as simple as, "Don't drive naked."

Maybe Kitna and Cullen have joked about it together. That is still very different from publically mocking what the coach went through. I don't know the relationship shared by Cullen and Kitna, but I would tend to think that this type of stunt could potentially cause in-house friction that could tear a team apart.

It's pretty much a stupid move by Kitna and his wife all the way around.

4. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

His wife looks like a manly Sarah Jessica Parker.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Agreed 100%.

The incident did not cause embarrassment. Cullen embarrassed himself.

Take responsibility. Isn't that one of the AA mantras?

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

No kidding. Dead-on.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Cullen drove naked through a Wendy’s. The man should be mocked for that. The Kitnas costume idea is very funny. Great idea.

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Is a manly Sarah Jessica Parker worse than the horse-headed original?

9. Canuck Pappy

Canuck Pappy Member

I know it's not the correct response, but when I saw that on the news last night I laughed out loud. Brilliant. Mean, but brilliant.

10. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Actually it looks like Anne of Green Gables, met Raggedy Ann met Sarah Jessica Parker.

Scary really... :eek: :eek: :eek:. They allowed them to man the drive thru looking like that....I wonder how many sales they made or even more important, how many people they scared away.

11. BBJones

BBJones Guest

Sharp says:

Way to not draw more attention to it, Drew.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Christ, lighten up. Like this would have any effect on what happens Sunday's

Draft saved Draft deleted