1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Halloween (and stupidity)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Vombatus, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Is this where we post pictures of people who wear racist Halloween costumes?

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

5. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

I know that guy. His name is Gord.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Elliotte Friedman likes this.
  7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Gordie how?

8. Vombatus

Not to be a dick, but this flowchart is screwed up.

If you go down the middle of it, to the Something Sexy selection, and answer the Ironically Sexy question Yes, you then get to the Is it an Animal of Some Sort question. If you answer No to that, you come to a dead end (right in the center of the picture) with no further guidance as to whether your costume is racist or not.

FAIL - do younger generations not understand how to create a flow chart?

What the hell is ironically sexy anyway? I, yes me VB, can't think of an example of that.

???

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I had a buddy once who thought it'd be a good idea to go as adolf Hitler. Granted he was a raging alcoholic and pill popper at the time, so his judgment was skewed. Still, I wouldn't stand anywhere near him at this bar party and was less than surprised when a woman started screaming in his face and he soon wanted to leave. Why things continually need to be explained to people as inappropriate Halloween costumes -- black face, nazis, holocaust victims -- defies explanation

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't think adults should wear costumes on Halloween. When I was a kid (admittedly a long time ago), this was a holiday for kids alone. I wish it still was. Decorations are OK (I carve a pretty fair jack o' lantern) but I hate costume parties for grown-ups.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Vombatus

I went as OJ in October 1995. Even brought a bloody glove.

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

It's fine if you're in your 20s or early 30s. Basically till you have kids. After that it's pretty pathetic

Draft saved Draft deleted