1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Halloween Alert!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Aug 24, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Question about Halloween 3: Does Michael ever appear in that one? I've only watched the first 15 minutes of that one.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So they're only allowed to show these movies one night a year? Better watch yourself. Michael Myers might come after you when his royalty checks dry up.
    There are two reasons those were on last night:
    1) AMC always shows horror movies on Fridays, and they apparently have the rights to most of the Halloween flicks. It was their turn in the rotation.
    2) The new Halloween flick comes out next weekend. This is a way to capitalize on whatever buzz is out there and get a cheap ratings pop.

The last Halloween sequel wasn't a great movie, but it had one of the great premises of all time -- what happens to a famous slasher when they've accomplished their life's goal?
    Myers finally kills Laurie Strode in the beginning, then literally hands in his knife and goes home. Probably would've quietly lived out the rest of his days there, too, if it hadn't been for those meddling kids.
    Some people would just shake their fist and say get off of the lawn. Old Man Myers starts stabbing people. I'd hate to see what he does to the kid who hits a baseball through his window :eek:

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

Batman: As a huge fan of the original, Carpenter's kick-ass theme, etc., GREAT post! Loved the part about most people just shaking their fist... thanks for the laugh. ;D

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Glad to do my part, Colton.

Resurrection just always struck me as funny. I can practically see Myers watching Jamie Lee plummet to her death, then thinking, "Damn glad that's over with. Now I can finally go home and have a fucking beer, grill up a rat and watch the Bears game."

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Mikey appears in it once, but only on TV as part of an ad when the main character is in a bar.

Halloween 3, while not good, had its OK moments.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Wow ... just ... Wow :D

As a huge Halloween fan I take my hat off to you sir. Can't wait for the new one.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sixty-sev-en days till Hall-o-ween, Hall-o-ween, Hall-o-ween...Sixty-sev-en days till Hall-o-ween, Hall-o-ween, Hall-o-ween...Sil-ver Shamrock

God, I've spent way too much of my life watching these movies.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

That was one of the low points. God that song is ANNOYING!

9. Colton

Colton Active Member

Batman: My GAWD that song is annoying! :eek:

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll be humming it to myself the rest of the night now. I fully expect my co-workers to give me the "what the fuck are you doing?" look within the hour.

11. Colton

Colton Active Member

Batman: Better yet, download it to your machine at work and play it for them... about a thousand times!

While I love the original theme, my favorite track is "The Shape Stalks." Every Halloween, it put a bowl of candy on the front steps -- and I have the Halloween soundtrack on a loop playing on the front porch. Should see the looks on the little bastards' kids' faces! ;D

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I know AMC has its Fear Friday, and honestly I had forgotten about the new movie coming out next week when I was watching it last night.

But at least they didn't do like TBS last night with Blade, showing Trinity first then Blade 2 after that.

Draft saved Draft deleted