1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Halloween 2018

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Oct 30, 2018.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

2. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Amazing.

maumann likes this.
  3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Weather in my area will supposedly be far better tonight than tomorrow, so my FB is filling up with parents lobbying to have trick-or-treating moved up a night so no one is wet or cold. Give me a friggin' break. Tell ya what, if your kids come to my house in a driving rainstorm, they get three pieces of candy.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That is beyond awesome.

John B. Foster likes this.
  5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If kids come by my desk on Halloween ... I'll be nice.

... After I figure out how children ended up in my part of the newsroom ...

Slacker likes this.
  6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

A few towns in Massachusetts postponed trick or treating after a storm hit last year.

Trick-Or-Treating Postponed In Several Towns Due To Storm Damage, Schools Closed

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Our area, they pretty much do it when it's convenient. There are bad storms scheduled to roll through this evening, starting around 5 p.m., so a lot of neighborhoods went ahead and did trick or treating last night.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Contest is over we have a winner

[​IMG]

Slacker and justgladtobehere like this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My buddy at work was trying real hard to have his wife go along with this. Alas he got vetoed and he was super bummed. They were dressing as Jack and Coke instead. Wasn't the same.

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Wanted to bump the running Halloween thread we had going back to 2007, but I'll air my grievance here.

If you are going to walk the area during Halloween Primetime with your kids, DO NOT turn off the lights at your place and then go and accept the offerings of your neighbors.

AT LEAST leave a light on at your front door with some offerings in a container. We used to trade off years as to who remained behind to hand out while the other took the kids. Is that so hard?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted