1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Halloween 2007

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Aug 31, 2007.

1. The best advice I can give to potential moviegoers is, when you go see this movie, forget about the original and let it stand alone. It's too easy to compare to the original and be disappointed some things are changed, some things are missing, etc., etc. I think, as a stand-alone film, it's very good.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

There's some question as to what she actually said. It sounds different than what the original script said, if I recall. At least that's what IMDB has on their famous quotes from the movie page.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'm really excited to see this, but I'll wait until it comes out on DVD. I've never seen the original all the way through, so I have nothing to compare it to.

4. I actually think that might be the best way to go into this movie ... so many people are gonna be preoccupied with comparing it to the original that they might miss out on a pretty entertaining horror movie.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Which is why so many people are bashing the ever-living hell out of it!

6. Colton

Colton Active Member

Edge, TD: Just broke out my special edition of the original, and the quotes were as I had em:

Jamie Lee: "What's the boogeyman?"

Pleasance: "As a matter of fact, it was"

Confirmed by subtitles.

Again, thanks for the recommendations. Looking forward to seeing it.

7. I saw it today. As a horror movie, I assume it'll be fairly bad, but that's the appeal for me. However, this was kind of bland only because Zombie's not that great of a director. The final scene was pretty cool, though.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

subtitles are dangerous....

Draft saved Draft deleted