1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Halloween 2007

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I had a chance to see a "work print" of the movie. The one they showed test audiences before Rob Zombie re-shot it. All I can say is Wow. He did a great fucking job of re-making the movie and yet making it his own. Can't wait to see the finished product!

2. Reshoots? So I wonder if studio meddling is a good thing or bad thing?

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

I love Carpenter's theme, so I was pleasantly surprised when I downloaded "Halloween 2007" from Itunes yesterday.

It kicks ass... and still keeps the original in it, too.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I'm a sucker, so I'm sure I'll go see it with low expectations.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Studio had nothing to do with the reshoots. Rob wanted to go back and tweak some things including the ending.

6. Keep in mind, this is coming from one of the biggest fans of the original "Halloween" there is.
    Robb Zombie's "Halloween" is awesome! It was an ode to the original, but had a completely different feel to it. The backstory was great and explained a lot. To make a long story short, Zombie allows the viewer to see things through Michael Myers' eyes (and I'm not talking about that funky camera angle through the mask). I think fans of the original will enjoy this version as well.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

and yet if you go to sites like BloodyDisgusting.com or any of the big horror message boards, it's getting destroyed by "true horror fans."

I loved the work print and I'll be seeing the new one sometime early next week.

And I think me and you might tie for biggest Halloween fan on this board :D

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I hated Zombie's other movies and probably will hate this one as well.

The man's style is about as subtle as a jackhammer.

9. Personally, I thought he toned it down a bit for this re-make. A lot less gore, and some little moments late in the movie that almost get you to feel sorry for Michael Myers ................... ALMOST.

10. Colton

Colton Active Member

Edge, TD: I, too, love the original... and I will give this one a chance because of your recommendations.

"What's the Boogeyman?"

"As a matter of fact, it was"

11. Tommy_Dreamer

The quote actually is:

Laurie: It was the boogeyman!

Loomis: As a matter of fact, it was.

12. ACTUALLY ... the quote is:

Laurie (crying): "Was that the boogie man?"
    Loomis (shaken): "As a matter of fact, it was."

Draft saved Draft deleted