1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Halladay throws perfect game in Florida

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, May 29, 2010.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Re: Halladay perfect through 8

Forget your blue font?

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Good for Halladay. But as a copy desk editor, I DID NOT need this tonight with a million other things going on.

Why not, say, Monday??

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I feel like a good luck charm. I'm in two fantasy leagues each year and, when they've thrown their perfect games, I've had Buehrle, Braden and Halladay on at least one of my teams.

4. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

What goes main in Philly tonight?

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

No.

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Same here. I'd cross the boarder just to see Halladay pitch when I lived in NY.

7. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Headline: Perfect Start to Halladay Weekend

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

I like that. Nicely done.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A weird side note is how close some other guys have been this year.
    Mat Latos of San Diego threw a one-hitter against the Giants a couple weeks ago, with the one hit a funky infield single on a comebacker where the batter (the Giants' catcher) was safe by a half-step.
    Matt Cain of the Giants gave up one hit with no walks or errors on Friday night.
    And I think CC Sabathia took one into the seventh or eighth inning against the Rays back in April.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm just finishing up a sports facts writing project...time to edit the perfect game part. Again.

11. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I hope Halladay leads the main section ... and Flyers are in the special section.

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Perfect games are one of the top tests of excellence by a pitcher in baseball. Granted, it's not over a career of work, but THAT day, the pitcher has to be on point (with a few great defensive plays behind him) without a question.

Draft saved Draft deleted