1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hall of Fame game definitely dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EmbassyRow, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Jim_Mora

Jim_Mora Member

i prefer the 300-odd variations of the MLB hats that inner-city kids wear to correspond with other gang members

2. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Buck O'Neill award definitely a good thing. Looking forward to seeing the statues and the new plaques when I go to Cooperstown next week.

Re: HOF game -- putting the NY-P game there on induction weekend is cool, but I think the point is that it gives people a chance to see their favorite major leaguers up close... (I'm talking mostly kids, but it's cool for the adults too)

I can understand maybe not playing, but I don't know, doesn't seem like the stop should be that big of a friggin' deal.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I love baseball, it's my favorite sport.

Having said that, I can't imagine why anyone gives two shits about the stupid Hall Of Fame game.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

HOF game is an exhibition, just like the All-Star game. Except at no time, did it ever count.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

File this one away with the Mayor's Trophy Game, another exhibition to which players eagerly looked forward.

6. In Exile

In Exile Member

One of the cool things the HoF has done for years is that amateur games are scheduled on Doubleday Field virtually non-stop all summer long. A few years back my over-30 team drove a couple hundred miles and played a triple-header one morning/afternoon. Over the course of the seven hours or so we were on the field, at least 500 or so people probably wandered into the stands and watched for an inning or two.

Draft saved Draft deleted