1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Haliburton/KBR: Lookin' out for the bottom line

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Killick, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Stocks, hell, go for the dunking pond! If they drown, they're not a witch. Works for me.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Ye gods, the stupidity.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Just saw this on CNN. An Army investigator recommends changing soldier's manner of death from accidental to negligent homicide. Wow. Big money comin' down the pipe in this one.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/01/22/soldier.electrocuted/index.html

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Let's just throw some of the top people off a cliff. If they live, then they are innocent.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What is truly a scam is that Halliburton/KBR will bill the government for say $100,000 in a cost-plus deal and then sub-contract out the service to the lowest bidder.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

"Fillin' the ol' coffers . . . "

Gag.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Used to work freelance for a company that was bought by KBR... got paid well, then KBR decided they didn't use outside help... And my former boss there couldn't stand the KBR mouthpiece in the story... now I got nothin... so fuck 'em

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Haliburton agrees to make downpayment on repaying war profiteering. Apparently they were bribing people for jobs in Nigeria.
    (Reuters) Halliburton, the huge oil services company in Houston, said yesterday that it has agreed to pay $559 million to settle corruption charges with the U.S. government linked to its former subsidiary KBR.
    Halliburton said it will pay $382 million on behalf of KBR over the next two years to the Department of Justice and will pay another $177 million to the Securities and Exchange Commission.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Awesome.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

See, the war in Iraq wasn't just about the oil after all.

11. So let me get this straight.

We get a dozen pages of rightwing hand-wringing over how it looks that Michelle Obama may have received a six-figure raise when her husband was voted into the Senate.

But not a peep over the scores of billions of dollars we've poured into Halliburton/KBR - a company that still pays out dividends to the former Vice-President - based on a proposal written by that former Vice-President to privatize services within the military?

Incredible.

12. KBR was also the source of Lyndon Johnson's money on his "Path to Power" but I guess that's OK because he's a Democrat and his war killed many, many more people.

[​IMG]

Rumsfeld is glad he doesn't have to deal with the likes of you anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted