1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Haliburton/KBR: Lookin' out for the bottom line

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Killick, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Soldier files suit against both companies, and lists a littany of fucking horrific crap to which they've subjected our servicemen and women. And, the soldier isn't some crackpot -- this is an Army Times story. Lends more than a little credence to it, IMHO. http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/12/military_kbr_lawsuit_121508w/
    Also love how Haliburton claims they're wrongfully named, since they severed ties with KBR in 2007. Uh, yeah... but what about the four years in Iraq that you were linked, huh, Mr. CEO? Assmunch.

2. Of all the ideas the Puritans had, the stocks is still the best one.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Not the hats?

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And this story doesn't even have anything to do with the electrocutions in showers. This is a company I wouldn't mind seeing put in the ground.

The Iraq contractor Kellogg, Brown and Root (KBR), a private company and former subsidiary of Dick Cheney’s Halliburton, has been found in “serious noncompliance” of its US Military contract by the Pentagon's Defense Contract Management Agency, for neglecting to conduct adequate inspections of electrical wiring at US bases all over Iraq.

Tragically, KBR’s neglect has been linked to the accidental deaths of at least 18 American troops, who have died from being electrocuted due to sub-standard wiring.

Though KBR denies having anything to do with these deaths, Pentagon officials report that PDCMA recently issued the company KBR a “Level III Corrective Action Request”—an extremely serious reprimand that is just short of suspending or terminating their contract with the US Military.

Some officials believe the KBR violation should be more than enough for the US government to terminate its contract altogether, if not take criminal action against the company. Unfortunately, because KBR currently plays such a large role in the operations in Iraq—a $24 billion role, in fact, which is paid for by American taxpayers—the US government is stuck between a rock and a hard place. It can’t fire the guys in charge of everything.

5. joe

joe Active Member

God damn. It's never enough, is it? Never enough that the warmongers get their money in blood, never enough that the incompetent sycophants get rewarded, never enough that the incompetent and criminally liable are provided political and legal cover.

Fuck yeah, the stocks. And a goodly supply of fist-sized stones.

Motherfuck. I want to be sick.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Why do you all hate America?

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Man, I hope they bust these fucks.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

spit take

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

War ain't green I guess.

A friend of the family is over there with a high up department (a form of NCIS) and he was on the stand for some of the torture trials.

He has to pay out of his own pocket for better body armour. What the military gives him is a lower grade. Sad to think they are not getting the best protection they could.

It still amazes me Bush was re-elected.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

War presidents are damn hard to beat.

Believe me, they considered this wrinkle, when they were cooking up the Master Plan.

Worthless scum.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Those years don't count, remember? The war ended on May 1, 2003. Those who don't believe that are enemies of America. You know, you're either with us, or you're against us.

12. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Yet the Dems are the ones who get called "anti-military" and "weak on defense." It goes both ways.... ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted