1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Halftime as antiwar forum?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Nov 23, 2006.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Why would Fogarty not have owned the rghts to Fortunate Son when Forrest Gump (one of the most OVERRATED movies off all time) came out?

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Was listening to the game on the net. Could hear it behind the announcers.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

For many years Fantasy Records, not CCR, owned the publishing rights. There was an extended legal battle and Fogarty got them back, but I'm not certain of the timing, i.e. before Forrest Gump or after.

As an offshoot, Fogarty was once charged with plagarizing himself, for writing a song that he owned the rights to which Saul Zantz, the owner of Fantasy records, claimed was a riopoff of a CCR song he owned the rights to. A trial ensued and Fogarty was found not guilty.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Why oh why does the NFL subject us to this shit every Thanksgiving, complete with "staged" crowds going "crazy?"

I don't care if it's lefty Fogerty or righty Toby Keith. This crap sucks.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

"Vanz Can't Dance, but he'll steal your money. Watch him or he'll rob you blind."

Song was about a con artist pig, said to be modeled after Zantz.

6. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

It's horrible, but it's better than those parades my wife and daughter insisted on watching today. I had to watch the early game on the bedroom TV for cryin' out loud. The bands are OK, but having the float stop and Barry Manilow lipsynch some song is ridiculous.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Setting the bar pretty low there, OTD.

Why, throwing your back out is better than diarrhea. Doesn't make throwing your back out fun! :D

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I get a choice? Cool!:)

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

The song was originally called "Zanz Can't Dance." There was another song on the same album called "Mr. Greed." Nothing like subtlety to get your point across, eh? :D

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Actually, Fogerty sounded like Fogerty, especially on Fortunate Son. He's always on the verge of being out of tune.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Oooooooo, dools, this was worse, I thought. I damn near turned the TV off.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

I wanna go buy Centerfield now. "Vanz Can't Dance," "Mr. Greed" and "Old Man Down the Road" are some of my favorite Fogerty songs.

Draft saved Draft deleted