1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Half of Kris Kross Found Dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, May 1, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

But he was such a young loveable, huggable type of guy! :D

2. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Yeah, the list of rappers/musicians who died under similar circumstances would be 10 miles long.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Can't stand Jump Around anymore. Way overplayed. But Shamrocks and Shenanigans? A lyrical masterpiece. :)

Are you a whore or are you a lady?
    Is it Erica Boyer or Marcia Brady?
    Let me know hon, the deed'll get done
    Just assume the position, I'll take my rod
    And then I'll go fishin', I'll get your river flowin'
    I'm always in the knowin'
    When it comes to givin' pleasure, I'm every woman's treasure
    I came to work your body, so let me do my job

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I wonder why "Jump Around" made it so big while even catchier but still respectable party hits from the same era such as Black Sheep's "The Choice is Yours" and Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock's "It Takes Two" received much less crossover exposure.

5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Holy Crap I loved that Rob Base song, only ever heard it in the clubs, but thought it did predate House of Pain by a little bit.

I know the obvious answer to your question is because they were white but Everlast also had Ice T who was still pretty hot at the time (think it was pre Body Count) helping them get pushed.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

"It Takes Two" was played out back in my day too. "The Choice is Yours" is a great song that I never really appreciated until recently. Black Sheep were fairly underground if I recall.

7. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

It Takes Two did come out before Jump Around and I thought it got significant play back then. It's another one of those, like Jump Around, that you still hear a lot today at sporting events.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Grew up in L.A., and "It Takes Two" was probably overplayed out there both on MTV and the radio.

Loved it but it was easy to get burned out on it.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It did, by a bit. "It Takes Two" came out in the fall of 1988, peaked at No. 36, went platinum (Profile 5186). "Jump Around" peaked at No. 3 in the summer of 1992, when hip hop was finally beginning to take over the pop charts.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted