1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Haitian telethon Friday night

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by terrier, Jan 17, 2010.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

2. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

[​IMG]

Yo, it's a good telethon and imma let you finish, but George W. Bush doesn't care about Haitians.

Anyway ... if Wyclef is involved, I'd love to see a one-night Fugees reunion.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I'll be the asshole as I write this. Many people are donating to organizations like the ARC and other outstanding groups that will use all of the money to help the folks in Haiti, who sure as hell need some good karma and prayers. With that said, why is Clooney holding a telethon, asking for people to give money?

I sincerely hope he's cutting a check and donating it too. I don't care if anyone publicly announced that they donated like Madonna, or would rather do it in private, but if the rest of us regular citizens are donating, we expect you superstars in NYC and Hollywood to do the same.

It's the least we can ask.

Hey Kayne, in case you forgot, George W. Bush isn't president anymore, you whiny bitch! :)

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I gave on April 15, 2009. I will give again on April 15. On to the next.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I don't think we have to worry about Clooney doing his part.
    And D-3, I'll try to make sure Toby Keith gets invited. He'll set Kanye straight.

6. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

He'll stop by right after he lights up a few with Willie.

7. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Just as George Clooney was in the process of putting the telethon together, he also fundraised. Now, Not On Our Watch, the international advocacy and grantmaking organization founded by actors George Clooney, Don Cheadle, Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, producer Jerry Weintraub, and human rights lawyer David Pressman, has directed $1 million (USD) in emergency response funds to provide medical services for victims of the disaster. The beneficiary of the grant is Partners In Health (PIH), presently directing relief efforts and emergency medical care for the wounded.

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/george-brad-matt-don-jerry-donate-1m-to-haitian-relief-clooney-organizing-jan-22-telethon/

8. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

How long until Bill O'Reilly criticizes this one, too?

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

His existence along with the other Brown-shirts at Fox is proof god is dead.

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2010/01/15/dont-give-money-to-haiti/

Great opinion piece. Donate money if you will, but just be careful not to earmark it strictly for Haitian purposes.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The value of the time he is donating is enough.

But, I guarantee you he has silently given six-seven figures, too.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

We could use your help on the Tebow thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted