1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hagel: Chemical weapons likely used in Syria

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Captain Obvious, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Drones / chemical weapons. What's the difference. They both kill. I don't understand why chemical weapons stops many dead in their tracks.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Absolutely believe that Bush and Cheney connived and lied to be able to invade Iraq and overthrow Saddam Hussein by falsely claiming Iraq had a part to play in 9-11 and Iraq actually had WMDs capable of imminently being used. That they lost the focus on the actual terrorists to for reasons of personal gratification on the part of Bush and for reasons of greed on behalf of Cheney.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

When did Bill Clinton send 150,000 troops into a country that didn't attack us?

4. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

What does that have to do with anything?

Hillary Clinton voted to send those troops (see, I can play that game, too). Barack Obama sent troops to Syria, who never attacked us. Now chemical weapons are being cited as a justification and those on the left seem to be okay with it. How soon they forget. If you want to be a hypocrite, feel free...just don't expect not to be called on it.

5. Apples and oranges, and we don't have troops in Syria, at least not publicly.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I don't think I'm being hypocritical. I think Hillary Clinton may have less of a conscience than any politician I can recall. While I know, at core, she's a solid 70's liberal (which I'm not), she'll do or say anything to get power, but not use it.

We were on the Muslim side in Bosnia and that didn't help us. We helped and encouraged the 'Arab Spring' and that didn't help us. We supported Kuwait, no help there. Backed Saudi Arabia, only helped the oil companies. Why should the USA care about Syria? Humanitarian intervention is purely altruistic on our behalf and I'll be damned if I'm going to want US soldiers to get hurt and killed only so they can come back to the US and get fucked over by a lousy economy and asswipe tea partiers who think VA benefits, like prosthetic body parts, are akin to food stamps and welfare.

It all comes back to Bush and Cheney. They over spent on defense not needed, they had our soldiers killed and maimed in Iraq for no reason and they wrecked the economy because they lacked empathy for all Americans who couldn't donate max amounts to their favorite republicans

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Great post.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And it all could have been avoided if Daddy Bush had had the brains and balls in 1991 not to quit Desert Storm until Saddam Hussein's smoking body was lying on a slab.

9. BenPoquette

Let me get this straight...you are claiming it is the "asswipe tea partiers" that are to blame for the shitty economy. It is the "asswipe tea partiers" that are to blame for the shoddy treatment the soldiers have recieved/are receiving when they come home from Iraq and Afghanistan. You are so typical of the left, those who see Obama and his gang as doing no wrong while conveniently blaming all our ills on the last guy. Face it, sport, your messiah has just made things worse. Even if you choose to bury your ignorant head in the sand, your guy has not only kept most of the Bush policies in place, he has expanded on them...as well as on federal power. The fact that you look back to Bush, and point to him as the person "it all comes back to" is revisionist history at the best, willful ignorance at the least and brazen stupidity at the worst.

In your simple-minded world, the Tea Partiers are anti-military and responsible for the problems of the returning soldiers while, I can guess, the Occupy assholes were just misunderstood souls trying to make things better and change the world. Ignorant. Yeah, great post...if you are clueless, partisan and oblivious to the real world.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yes, shame on her and the other Dems for believing that the President of the United States was telling the truth about the necessity of going to war.

http://www.alternet.org/story/16274/ten_appalling_lies_we_were_told_about_iraq

11. BenPoquette

Good Lord, how many times do we have to go back and forth discussing the intelligence that was used? How many times do you have to be told how other world leaders agreed Saddam had WMD using the same intelligence? He was trying to buy yellowcake in Niger. This is old and tired. The left knows this meme is tired and wrong, yet they cling to it because the alternative is too frightening to face.

Bush was such a moron. A bumbling idiot. That's all I heard. Yet he was clever enough to fool the entire world about WMD in Iraq. Let's rehash all the old arguments because, of course, anything is better than discussing the failings of the current guy.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Bush killed Kenny, Butters. Even Cartman knows that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.