1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Had a bad day, feat. Toby Keith

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pilot, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Don't mess with Mr. Covel. He'll put a boot in your ass. It's the American way.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

It doesn't sound like Mr. Covel was at fault, like your post does, Pilot. Sounds like he was knocked into oncoming traffic.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Was I the only one confused by the way this story was written? Many major factual gaps should have been filled.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If the cause of the accident was Mr. Covel being bumped out of his lane and across the median into oncoming traffic, why aren't Mr. Covel's survivors suing the vehicle that forced Mr. Covel's truck into oncoming traffic?

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Does Keith need more money?

He made a shitload wrapping himslelf in the American Flag once the war started.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I guess I was trying to look strictly from the bus driver's view point.

I understand they should have had their brakes fixed and everything, but damn ... I'd be pretty upset if I were in their shoes.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It made it sound like the bus bumped the truck, then the truck crossed the median and hit the same bus.

9. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Well, I guess he can't look to the Dixie Chicks, especially Natalie Maines for a loan ;D

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Yeah. Air brakes. I get that. Still, I fail to see how this is the bus company's fault.

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Perhaps Keith hired a better lawyer than the bus owners.

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

That much is abundantly clear.

Draft saved Draft deleted