1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hacking his way to SI

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

You are closer to your AARP card than you are to when you had your first beer (hunch). So it truly is over for you now.

2. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Actually, you were being serious, so . . . give me a break. If 50 is the new 30, you're barely 22 now. Or something like that. The way the business is changing, no one knows what lies 10 years ahead. But if you've got another 50 years above ground, you can do all sorts of terrific things, in and out of this business. You're a lot smarter, more experienced, better skilled and better connected now than when you were 22, right? But you still have energy and health and feel like a yute, right? Don't worry so much.

3. clingerman

clingerman New Member

Joe, I appreciate that. Seriously. Thanks ...

4. To me the hardest part about turning 30 is that you seem to hit a salary ceiling - it seems that $40K is this line in the business that publishers cringe at crossing. I've been stuck at $38-$39 for like three years, even as my profile and visibility has grown exponentially. Weird.

5. Your 30 years-old and making almost 40K?! :eek: And complaining! :eek:

Damn you Waylon Jennings.

6. Yeah, it could be a lot worse obviously. But the point is you reach a point where the job is the raise, with no accompanying salary bump.

Draft saved Draft deleted