1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HA! And everyone says L.A. is the worst for traffic! Oh, wait. It is . . . . .

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/americas-most-congested-cities.html

Followed by New York, Chicago, the usual suspects.

2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I can't believe Seattle's not on there. I'd be curious to see how Toronto compares. It's brutal here.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Everyone thinks their city is the home to the worst drivers.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Hooray, DC dropped from No. 2 to No. 5. I see that traffic every day as I zip along in the other direction, from DC out to the suburbs instead of the other way around.

5. Editude

Editude Active Member

Someone who works in Burbank but lives in Long Beach is a major part of the L.A. problem. Plenty of people can, and do, live relatively close to their jobs, making choices, good and bad, about neighborhoods to spare the region's ongoing sprawl. With few homes being bought and sold these days, it makes much more financial (and traffic) sense to rent a good place near your job.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I've driven in Boston and DC. I'd rather drive in DC eight days a week.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Chicago traffic sucks donkey balls, but at least you expect it when you drive there.

It's the cities you don't expect it that suck. For example, try crossing the bridge from Indiana to Louisville if there's an accident at the I-65/I-64 split, which is like, every other day.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

New York has a public transportation system that is the absolute envy of every city on Earth. They shouldn't be No. 2 on the congestion list.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Toronto is nothing compared to Vancouver due to it's geographical limitations.

10. Not to be nitpicky, but that's different from most congested.

The drivers in my city completely suck, some of the worst I have ever seen, but the traffic congestion isn't very bad (so good, aggressive drivers like me can pass all the idiots).

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Which is why you should take exit 1 in Indiana on I-65, which leads you to the 2nd Street Bridge and an alternate route to I-64.

The 64/65/71 junction is absolutely horrible -- but it's the only bad thing about traffic here. They're supposed to be working on it in a couple years after the East End bridge gets built.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Re: HA! And everyone says L.A. is the worst for traffic! Oh, wait. It is . . . .

Oh I know. The only problem is EVERYONE who lives on the Indiana side knows it too, so the Clark Bridge backs up too.

On more than one occasion when I lived down there, the trip over to the Sherman Minton Bridge and back was better than sitting there on either I-65 or U.S. 31. It could back up all the way to Clarksville if it was a bad pileup.

Draft saved Draft deleted