1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gwyneth Paltrow is a free agent

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Mar 26, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Gwyneth looked fantastic at the end of "Seven."

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Ouch.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

No. Heigl is a bitch with a momager who tries to run everything on set.

It's not that she's smug. It's that she's a bitch.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Graydon Carter wrote last month about that whole Gwyneth shutout of Vanity Fair. According to him, "The Paltrow Affair" started innocently enough when he assigned a writer to a what's-she-up-to-now story and Gwyneth flipped out, which raised eyebrows that she must be hiding something. Kind of a strange story but they didn't end up publishing anything salacious. She did, however, call Carter and swear her marriage was fine.

http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2014/03/the-paltrow-affair-editors-letter

Whatever happened between the couple, it wasn't lack of sex that brought them down. It might have been lack of sex with each other, but neither one seemed to have any trouble with or reservations about filling that void.

5. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

It's entirely possible having sex with Gwenyth would be about as much fun as having sex with a mannequin, except a mannequin seems unlikely to stop during and complain if you got some beads of sweat on her $1600 Egyptian cotten sheets.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

After doing more reading, I can't believe Paltrow is not only a singer but a food writer.
    Her acting debut was also in a film her father directed.
    She's led a very easy life.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

She doesn't rise to the level of being worthy of the hate.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Gwyneth doesn't help herself with women when she says things like this:

"I think it's different when you have an office job, because it's routine and, you know, you can do all the stuff in the morning and then you come home in the evening. When you're shooting a movie, they're like, 'We need you to go to Wisconsin for two weeks,' and then you work 14 hours a day and that part of it is very difficult. I think to have a regular job and be a mom is not as, of course there are challenges, but it's not like being on set," she said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/03/28/gwyneth-paltrow-working-mom-taking-break/6999685/

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

"It's not like being on a set where I have a trailer, an assistant and probably multiple nannys and an endless line of people lining up to kiss my bony ass..."

Yeah, that's much tougher than it is for normal working parents...

She better hope Iron Man makes five more sequels, because it's not like she's had a hit that she headlined in the last decade.

Funny story... When I saw Contagion in the theater, a good portion of the theater cheered when her character died. My wife leaned over and said, "Wow, people really do hate her..."

10. joe king

joe king Active Member

It's also entirely possible it would be incredibly awesome.

I'm willing to take my chances.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

She looks as intimate as a salt cod. No thanks.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Kate Hudson is that woman who women overrate. Cate Blanchett, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted