1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guys we won't see in the 2011 NCAA Tourney -- AKA the dudes leaving school early

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Crash

Crash Active Member

Agreed. Can't see a way any of those guys are sticking around. Bledsoe may be the only one who needs to, but he'd be crazy to come back given the latest draft projections.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Bledsoe was my favorite guy to watch on that team. Loved watching him.

3. Crash

Crash Active Member

Bledsoe could make some of the most mindnumbingly stupid plays, but he also could make some of the most mindnumbingly amazing plays. He's built like a truck, and I have no doubt he'll be successful at the next level. I enjoyed watching Wall because of the "what's he going to do next?" feeling, and because he always looked like he was having a hell of a time.

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

With the fourth best RPI in the conference. Obviously, you aren't familiar with the putridity of the West division of the Mid-American Conference and how the East's domination skews the records. Every year some shitty West division team wins 11 games in the conference and gets to Cleveland only to get lambasted by the nine or ten seed from the East.

That's how things roll in the MAC. Every team in the East is better than every team in the West.

But for more fodder to your argument of Ohio not being back in the tourney, Armon Bassett won't be back next year. He's going to play in Europe next season.

Steven Coleman didn't play the entire second half of the season. He'll be back next year to go alongside D.J. Cooper. Cooper has a great chance of being the most impactful player at Ohio since Gary Trent. Everybody else is back and John Groce has a Top 45 recruiting class coming in.

Things are far from bare in Athens. Ohio should expect to compete with Akron for the championship next season.

5. rube

rube Active Member

I also saw Daniel Orton on someone's 'big board' the other day. I really don't think he's a guy who needs to be one and done, but it seems like it might be possible.

If so, how big of a debacle is this for Kentucky.
    You know you're losing Wall, Cousins and Patterson. It looks more likely that Bledsoe is gone with each passing day. And perhaps Orton also?
    Yikes.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That would make every Kentucky fan I know blissfully happy.

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

How is Orton leaving making UK fans happy? He's got a ton of upside. He shoudl be a stud next year.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

What difference does it make - Cal will just go find five more hired guns to bring in next year.

And two more names to add to the gone list -- Aldrich from Kansas and Seton Hall's nutcracker, Herb Pope.

9. Bob Slydell

He actually found three hired guns (Wall, Cousins and Bledsoe). Orton and Jon Hood were already signed.

10. zagoshe

Well now he has all five scholarships available dammit!!!

11. Bob Slydell

He'll have eight. Lost three seniors, Patterson graduated early. So if Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe and Orton leave, there will be eight new Cats next year.

Talk about can't tell the players without a program.

Doubt Orton will leave, wouldn't surprise me to see Bledsoe go.

Just hope Samardo Samuels doesn't do something stupid and declare for the draft, since he likely won't get drafted.

12. zagoshe

Can't you only give five at a time?

Draft saved Draft deleted