1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guy in Starbucks: "It's not even worth it to pick up a newspaper anymore."

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Sneed, Jun 19, 2009.

1. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Cadet . . . I definitely wouldn't disagree with that. When I was given shit for questioning something it was at the right of center paper. Still not sure why you lump me in with conservatives in the newsroom? I consider myself pretty liberal. I'm definitely more open-minded than many in my current left of center shop.

2. Sneed

Sneed Guest

An interesting trend I've noticed as a moderate is that the right-wing conservatives, yes, as a group, can be pretty close-minded, but that the left can also be equally as close-minded about their views. I have friends who are liberals and consider themselves open-minded for being liberal, but really, so many liberals are just as obnoxious about pressing their liberal views on people as conservatives are pressing their conservative views on people, and equally as incapable of considering opposing viewpoints.

3. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

DAMN STRAIGHT SNEED.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, it is liberal. And a lot of the problems of the Times have been self-inflicted. But it's still worth picking up and reading, that this guy has the problem, not the Times.

Draft saved Draft deleted