1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guy dumps cheating whore GF live on radio! Wonderful! Beautiful! Glorious!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by not_who_i_usually_am, Feb 26, 2010.

1. This might be the greatest thing I've ever heard in my life! I wish I could have been given the chance to do this! At least there are cheating whores out there who get their comeuppance!

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/atoz/2010/02/point_morning_show_woody_rizzuto_guy_dumps_girlfriend_point_st_louis_1057.php

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Jeez. That was painful to listen to.

Dude, I have followed your thread. But thriving on others misery is a way to just keep yourself bitter.

EDIT: She was unfaithful. He was a jerk for handling it that way.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Hearing it through your ears, I feel the schaudenfreude.

Hearing it through my ears, that is some entertaining radio.

It's easy for a Ragu to wax philosophic, but you know what? Anyone who sees this as a blow struck for everyone who ever felt betrayed by a friend, relative or significant other, I understand completely.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Part of me thinks that this was a scripted act. To me, if that woman was really upset, she would have hung up the phone as soon as the boyfriend dumped her.

But if it was legit, that was fun to listen to.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

I've been cheated, been mistreated....when will I be loved?

Wait, what?

Seriously, I have been in that guy's place, but, even though I listened to that whole clip, it just.....felt wrong in a way.

That's the sucker-is-written-on-my-forehead side of me.

My practical side says that, if this was for real, if this girl honestly was making a fool of her boyfriend in public, she deserved every little bit of the humiliation, and then some.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Wax philosophic? I was absolutely destroyed by a woman two years ago, who told a lie to me for about seven years that no one who knows us actually believes. I know what it feels like to be bitter.

And no, I still didn't find that entertaining. It was actually kind of painful, if it was real. Seriously. I do feel that way.

I get off on schaudenfreude more than most people. That didn't do it for me.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I laughed when he originally asked the question.

But that got uncomfortable in a hurry. And to trash on the girl when she was crying her eyeballs out, on the air, was a little much.

Overall, that wasn't very cool.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I don't have much love for public dirty laundry-airing, especially on TV, radio or whatever medium you can think of nowadays.

I'm glad she got what was coming to her, but I'd rather let karma work its magic without my help.

Karma's a bitch and she's always having puppies.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'Schaudenfreude ' - why is this word used so often around here?

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Because you touch yourself at night.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Half the posters think it's an imported beer.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That was just not very fun to listen to.

Draft saved Draft deleted