1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gus Johnson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by pride of pleasantville, Mar 26, 2010.

1. I know this is a journalism not a broadcasting board but I need to vent about Gus Johnson. He has to be the worst CBS announcer he just goes "Holloway for a deep 3..... OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" It is very irritating. I am the only person who feels this way? He drove me crazy during the Xavier vs K-State game.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Kid, I think you need a times out.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Boom goes the adolescent.

4. What does that mean?

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Pretty much. He blew up on Twitter last night. Many, many there were enjoying it.

6. He as in Gus Johnson? Does he even have a twitter?

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Gus Johnson and Jay Bilas would be fantastic together.

I love Johnson by the way. Sports are not played in the library.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I had to save this.

Yes. It is on his internets, which I hear they have on computers now.

9. I agree but he seems to scream about everything. And Bilas did the Kentucky I believe. Also, I would rather hear the crowd or the color guy then Johnson screaming like an alum from one of these schools.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Gary Thorne screams louder but he will not do so during a late September game against the Blue Jays.

Johnson was going absolute off-the-wall apeshit during a Bills-Jaguars game last season. That's no good for anybody.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Do NOT blaspheme GUS JOHNSON'S name around here.

http://www.gusjohnsongetsbuckets.com/

Now, if you'll excuse, I'm going to get an ICED TEAAAAAA. And maybe a POWERBAAAAAAAAAR ... YES! HA HAAAAAAA!

12. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

And when he did Knicks games as their play-by-play guy it didn't work as well because it sounds like just a loud shill when you're doing it for a team that's winning 20 games.

I do like it for March Madness. The moon landing by Gus made me think of other historical things he could announce.

THE WALL FALLS..AND FREEDOM RISES! HERE ON CBS!

Draft saved Draft deleted