1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gus Johnson calls the moon landing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Mar 26, 2010.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"OHH HE MISSED IT!"

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Not sure if Gus or Len Elmore saying the phrase "times out" over and over was more annoying. Len must've informed us that Xavier had no more "times out" about three times. He was saying it so much that Johnson had to stop himself from saying that K-State had called a "times out."

Len also informed us that -- WIN OR LOSE -- Onawaku (sic) might not play for the Orange on Saturday. Well, no shit, Len. If they lose, nobody wearing orange will be playing.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I noticed this as well and it drove me crazy. I am pretty sure it was Elmore. He said it at least five times.

One instance, Elmore said Times Out and about five seconds later, Johnson followed with time out.

It sounded incredibly busch league.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

well played.....

5. Bingo. Sterling despite all of his terrible home run calls is not that bad but all susan can do is the out of town scoreboard.
    For example
    Sterling: Posada takes a 12-6 curveball to even the count at 2-2. Susan can you tell the listeners at home the difference between a 12-6 curveball and the regular curveball.
    (Crowd Noise, as Susan says nothing.)
    Susan: On Home Depot Out of Town Scoreboard, In Toronto the Red Sox have taken a 6-5 lead over the Blue Jays.
    (More Crowd Silence)
    Sterling: Pitch is low and outside....

That is a typical Yankee broadcast. Sterling is not good but he is not awful, it is Susan that kills the broadcast.

6. KP

KP Active Member

Who is Susan Waldman?

Draft saved Draft deleted