1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guns in schools can not be a good thing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rickys The Best, Aug 26, 2008.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No stereotyping there......

And you know what, I wouldn't want to be a teacher these days unless I was allowed to pack heat.

Most of these fucking kids these days are spoiled, pampered, psychobabbled-to-death brats who need their ass kicked a few times.

They have no ability to deal with failure, because psychobabblers have made competition a four-letter word.

They have no ability to deal with adversity because mommy and daddy have done their best to make everything easy for them.

And they have no ability to take responsibility for their actions, because psychobabblers and liberal pinheads have found some ridiculous excuse for their bad behavior and called it a diagnosis.

Kids for the most part these days are assholes and teachers are powerless to do anything about it.

I'd love some of you to have to go in to a classroom for even a week in some of these schools and see what you think about how kids act and how their parents rationalize their behavior.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

You really should go beat up some teenagers just to show them what's what, tough guy.

3. zagoshe

Who said a thing about being tough?

In fact, the opposite is true given that I said I wouldn't want to nor would I feel safe going into your average classroom these days without packing heat.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I love zag's generalizations.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

They are fun, aren't they?

6. zagoshe

Me too.

I've been holding it in for a while, I think mostly because we haven't had a good shouting match about smoking in public places recently....... ;)

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Fair enough, zag.

As far as the topic goes, this is a terrible idea. I hope it doesn't end up in a horrible incident. Teachers do need better personal security in some schools but this is far from being an answer.

8. zagoshe

And for the record, I obviously think it is probably not a good thing to have armed teachers because the potential for accidents are there, but I have no problem with trained armed security guards in certain schools -- and not necessarily all of them are located in the inner city......

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

In high school one of my classmates tried to hit a female teacher. I could only imagine a situation where something like that goes too far. Or if a teacher goes nuts. Bad idea.

As for cops, they are cops, they should be allowed in the schools with or without guns.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

A hypothetical for Zag or anyone else: Your kid goes to a school in a bad area. You know other kids in the school have guns and you're worried about your kid's safety. You can't afford to send him to private school.
    Do you buy him a gun, make sure he knows how to use it and have him take it to school for protection?

11. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

From the reports I've read, teachers will keep the guns on their person.

12. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Horrible, horrible idea. I had a sixth-grade math teacher who was famous for zipping pieces of chalk over all our heads and off the back wall of the classroom when she lost her cool once or twice a week. Damn good thing she didn't have a gun.

Draft saved Draft deleted