1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gunman Storms Discovery Channel Building

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Sep 1, 2010.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's not that I was hoping he'd be an Islamist. I wasn't.

It's just that I know we conservatives are going to get beat up as a result of this.

The only other obvious group this guy could be associated with is the far right wing. He's probably a Tea Party member, or as Mayor Bloomberg of New York speculated about the Times Square bomber, maybe he's a guy upset about healthcare legislation.

I just hope he didn't attend the Glenn Beck event this past weekend. The media will tear us a new one if he went to that.

So give us your best shot liberals. I'm ready to defend conservatism, even if this guy somehow twisted its message and was somehow driven to violence.

It's really a shame and it's going to set back our side.

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

AP is reporting that Lee accomplished his mission and reduced the world population by one.

3. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

If anyone reads that manifesto and starts taking shots at conservatives, they've lost their mind ... and I consider myself a proud liberal. That doesn't represent the political viewpoint of anyone other than one single, sad nutcase.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

My favorite manfifesto is still the P.A.G.A.N.'s from Dragnet.
    It begins with "We believe that bad sex and good drugs are the cornerstones of a great democracy."

5. YankeeFan

I still say Al Gore's manifesto is the one that's the most off the wall. The Earth in the Balance is one scary screed.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Of COURSE the Squirrels!

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Holy shit, one of the local channels here just reported he was influenced by Gore's documentary. You can't make this shit up.

8. YankeeFan

Yeah, why is it "of course the squirrels"? Does he mention them previously in his manifesto or are we all just supposed to assume that squirrels hold a special place in the universe that should be understood by all.

And, btw, squirrels suck. Talk about breeding parasites. Thy name is squirrel.

And their thieves. If you put out a bird feeder, squirrels will do whatever they have to do to get at the food. Their is no defense that will stop them.

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

they're.....there

10. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

No, that's the only mention of squirrels. I think he just likes them a lot. And froggies.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

ah, the victim card.

12. YankeeFan

Do we know if he's a fan of Glenn Beck yet or if he listens to Rush Limbaugh?

Draft saved Draft deleted