1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gunman opens fire at subway entrance, wounding two Pentagon police officers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Mar 4, 2010.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. YankeeFan

Looks like he's a Truther:

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Just another mainstream Democrat at work.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

wingnuts are wingnuts. Just don't expect anyone to claim this guy had a legitimate point.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Funny, I seem to recall the IRS pilot being held up as a mainstream Republican around here a couple of weeks ago. How is this any different?

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There's a lot of highly disturbed people in this country and more than one firearm per person, period. Random shootings, political or otherwise, are inevitable. The "lone nut" is such an American stereotype people will NOT attribute political motives to such awful stories unless they're in a political argument on an Internet message board.

7. YankeeFan

Well, except for other Truthers.

Now that Van Jones is out, I wonder how many others are left in high positions in the Obama administration.

There's certainly plenty of them in the Democrat(ic) party.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'll get in before the lock on this - if any elected member of the Democratic Party in DC or any regular personality on CNN, MSNBC or even Fox says this guy had a point (like Scott Brown and others did with the airplane guy) I'll change my sig to a picture of Romney with the tag line "the future."

9. YankeeFan

Well, you said, "anyone" in your original quote.

I think we both know that their are plenty of Truthers in the mainstream of the Democrat(ic) Party.

Also, what was Brown's exact quote?

10. Gues#t

Gues#t Guest

Solid. You are correct, sir. (I was a little doubtful until I came to the last clause.)

11. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Yep. And what Michael said too. But apparently every one of these, the person has to be classified by political party, so we really should keep a running tally. Maybe sticky the thread, because if there's one thing we can be sure of, it's that there will be plenty more lone nuts who go on shooting sprees, and they won't always succeed in only killing themselves.

And we should go back in time too, so, I don't know, start with Booth. For the young school shooters, we should find out their parents' political beliefs so we can decide if they were indoctrinated by a Republican or Democrat. Someone shoots up a fitness center, get their voter registration. And with a running thread, if, say, a Truther shoots up a mall, the other side can simply say, "Scoreboard!" or vice versa.

Or, as said above, we recognize these as being the sociopathic acts they are, without rushing to claim victory for one political side or the other by putting the guy on the other squad's roster.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

For every Van Jones there is a Jerome Corsi.

Truthers cut across all political lines.

Draft saved Draft deleted