1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gundy doesn't 'splain hisself

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SockPuppet, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the words rusty and trombone come to my mind, but hey, that's just me.

2. Tom, as long as we're not talking religion, you and I tend to agree on most things, but damn, you are always so extreme.
    You must be intense as hell in person.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

okie - no, not really. just a raging smartass. it's nice to cut loose every now and again while spending my life surrounded by four girls (mrs. petty, the heartbreakers and hell, even the damned cat is a female).

4. Does Gundy think every team on his schedule doesn't know already that he's a clown?

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Another good reason why he's so fucking clueless as a head coach. You figure that by his third year (which is right now) he has a clue how to manage a game and put his team in a position to win (against Big 12 teams, not the fucking Sun Belt). He was on the hot seat to start the season, and I mentioned this on the CFB thread Saturday night: how could you not at least take a shot in the red zone and opted to settle for the FG, with the risk that TAMU was going to eat the clock with 3:48 left in the game?

Bobby Reid had to put down the chicken dinner his momma gave him and run the offense with Robinson got injured. He made some good passes, but he looked unconfortable doing it.

If dumbshit Gundy keeps this up, Carlson is going to look better and credible everytime he acts buffoonish in not explaining his tactics when it comes to winning a winnable game.

6. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Actually, Gundy played it right. Kicked the FG, then his defense forced a three-and-out ... that turned into a fresh set of downs with the roughing call. If you're going to kick the FG, you're counting on your D. The D did it's job, then Gundy effed it up.

And there's this: http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=071008_2__Oklah47740

7. People outside of this state may not understand this, but Gundy is not on the hot seat, even now.
    He was megabooster Boone Pickens' hand-picked guy. The A.D., Mike Holder, is also a Pickens/Gundy guy.
    That may be part of the reason for Gundy's attitude is he knows his job security is incredibly high for now, and virtually nothing will change that within the next year or two.

8. Gee, handing your university's showcase athletic program over to a corporate cutthroat with the blood of a couple thousand workers on his hands.
    I hope these fuckheads lose every game from now until forever.

9. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I'm sure this is a d_b, but it's too funny not to post, even if it's a second or third time:

From a Norman Toyota dealership.

10. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

Gundy made a bad call settling for the field goal. But for once, his defense made him look like a genius. It almost ended up being a good call, but the penalty on special teams ruined it.

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Damn, now THAT'S a way to shit all over one of your players. Nice work, coach.
    Just be sure none of those media jackals has anything bad to say about one of your precious youngsters.

12. He has also thrown plenty of blame on the player who roughed the kicker, when clearly Gundy made the call or didn't overrule the call to go for the punter.
    "Come after me! I'm a man! I'm 40!" -- just not after a loss.

Draft saved Draft deleted