1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gundy doesn't 'splain hisself

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SockPuppet, Oct 8, 2007.

1. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Want more evidence that Mike Gundy is a flaming -------?

OSU Insider
    Oklahoma State coaches made two pivotal decisions in the final minutes of a loss Saturday night at Texas A&M.
    The first decision proved to be genius when OSU's defense forced the Aggie to punt. The second proved costly when a roughing-the-punter penalty prevented the Cowboy offense from having a chance to rally for the win.
    OSU trailed 24-23 with 1:57 to play. The Cowboys had one timeout. Texas A&M's punt became a non-issue when Quinton Moore was flagged for roughing the punter.
    When asked about the play on Sunday, Gundy wouldn't discuss it, though it was obvious a punt block was called.
    "We don't ever talk about calls we make on offense, defense or special teams,” Gundy said. "We would never give out that information. We wouldn't want other teams to know.”

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

That's a beautiful way to never have to explain why the coaching staff made a horseshit call.
    Wonder if that's the spiel he gives T. Boone.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the fucking guy is an assclown, period.

maybe fanboy chilidog can come defend this action, too.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I hope Jenni Carlson writes about it, just to remind Gundy which one holds the hammer between coach and journalist.

But I do not fault Gundy for trying to gain field position. This isn't middle school football. It's Moore's fault for not executing it properly. Gundy may show his ass on a personal basis, but he's a good coach of football (as opposed to a football coach ... there is a difference).

5. No way he made the right call. Why risk the penalty that would end the game? Why not just set up the return and let your offense try to get in field goal range?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This guy is trying to wrestle the "Biggest asshole in college football coaching" award from Charlie Weis.

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

He ought to be criticized for this. Because he's a MAN. A 40-year old MAN!

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Guess he didn't do the right thing there.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

"OK, did someone mention me, OK?"

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Wait
    You forgot "journalists" such as JerrySix and lawoman who popped up on the thread to do everything but give Gundy a reacharound.

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I hope you guys have a coach someday, and that coach grows up and you have to defend him from ridicule and tell him, 'It's OK, these reporters are supposed to be adults.'

Too funny. Gundy's gonna implode sometime before the end of the regular season.

12. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

I can see it now ... hostages, helicopters, bullhorns ... the whole works ... a regular Dog Day Afternoon as Gandy barricades himself inside Eskimo Joe's and demands his own column in the Daily Oklahoman and "no more f@#$in' questions from reporters!"

Draft saved Draft deleted