1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gun Found in High School Restroom

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KG, Mar 5, 2009.

1. KG

KG Active Member

At least the little punk didn't have it loaded. Although I don't understand why he took it to school in the first place, unless he just wanted to show it off. Otherwise I'd think he would have taken the rifles and ammo to school as well.

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/metro/cherokee/stories/2009/03/05/lockdown_woodstock_high_gun.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=13

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Thank God this was tipped off to the police before anything serious happened. Why on Earth would these kids had that much firepower in their possession scares the hell out of me.

I hope the punks get all that they have coming to them.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Scarry.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Richard Scarry?

That guy rules! I love Lowly Worm!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

If guns were illegal, kids wouldn't have them. Like drugs...

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

Seems to me the most logical solution then is to ban people.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't know where y'all went to school, but at my high school you didn't dare go in the restroom without a weapon.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I tried never to use the restroom at high school. Never mind weapons, did you ever see those toilets and sinks? <shiver>

Actually, the cleanest bathrooms tended to be in the gym's dressing rooms, so that's where I went, and it wasn't too far out of the way.

9. KG

KG Active Member

At my school, during deer season, about 70 percent of the guys had guns in their trucks. Not once did I ever think there was a chance of getting shot.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

And there it is, something we agree on. :D

11. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I never thought of such a thing. I was more interested in getting in and out of the bathroom was quickly as possible. I lived in a redneck town and students were more interested in lighting up a cigarette or something in the bathroom rather than firing off a few rounds.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted