1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gulf Of Tonkin, Can I Help You?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jan 10, 2008.

1. You're very fucking welcome.
    And those two episodes are very fucking relevant.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Important dates in American History:

August 9 1964 -Lyndon Johnson orders slacks with bigger nut sack from Haggar

August 10,1964- Lyndon Johnson signs Tonkin Resolution into law

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I just read the entire transcript. JFC, that was too funny.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The audio is even better.

7. Still more weird shit.

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2008/01/navy_hormuz_iran_radio_080111/

Not that it stopped the war-lovin' opportunists in the WH from making tough-guy noises last Tuesday, or every GOP candidate from trying to out-bloodthirsty the rest of them.

8. Boom_70

There is now a rumor going around that the voices picked up were actualy from New York City Taxi drivers. At certain times of day the atmosphere will bounce radion transmissions all over the world.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

"out-bloodthirsty?"

HUCKABEE: I'm going to trust that the president, with the information that he had and that those commanders had, made the right decision.

HUME: Senator Thompson, same question to you. Right call?

THOMPSON: Yes, I think so.

HUME: Well, what if you had been the captain, what would you have done?

MCCAIN: If I'd have been the captain of the ship, I probably would have assessed the situation as it was at the time. And for those of us who are not in that situation to second guess is a little bit presumptuous. It's a long, hard process to become the commander of a Navy ship. These are the most professional and well trained and capable people in the world.

ROMNEY: And I believe -- by the way, I can see you want to get the rest of the answer to that -- of course, this commander did exactly the right thing. The captains did the right thing.

Giuliani dodged it and Paul was largely nonsensical.

10. Boom_70

What do you expect afterall its Fenian asking the question.

I could not imagine a more qualified canidate than John McCain to answer such a question given his family history. His answer did not disapoint.

11. Oh, lord.
    http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MzU0NmQxYmM3ZTBkZjRkZTc0YmM5MzY2NzE0OTYzNGQ

And. of course, this oldie but goodie --

And this, you might disagree with, but the last seven years make it anything but "nonsensical."

Draft saved Draft deleted