1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gulf Of Tonkin, Can I Help You?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jan 10, 2008.

1. LeoDrummond

LeoDrummond New Member

Clench.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

try haggar slacks

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I need teepee for my bunghole.

4. Well, this has been Boom's Greatest Hits, right up to "wearing a rag on your head." Sorry I missed most of it. Also sorry Boom, again, misses Ike's refusal to honor the 1954 Geneva Accords in his Vietnam For Dummies lecture. Off with that, then. Both parties on Vietnam=Very, very bad. Another big LBJ mistake? Not leaking the fact that he knew the Nixon people were jacking around trying to ruin the Paris Peace Talks so as to prolong the war enough to run on ending it in 1972.
    Anyway...
    After the aluminum tubes, and the deadly flying drones, and the mobile weapons labs, and Pat Tillman and Jessica Lynch and on and on, forgive me if I'm skeptical of convenient incidents, tricked up afterwards, that tend to support unpopular policy proposals.

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Gulf of Tonkin was the first thing I thought about when this latest incident came up.
    Looking for a reason to attack Iran?
    Here's a possible one. Some speedboats attacked us.
    And yes, I remember the U.S. Cole. It doesn't take much of a boat to rip a hole in the side of a larger one.

But Tonkin was the first thing I thought about.

6. The Iranians responded to our doctored tape with a completely fake one.
    Can somebody sane please take charge of this now?

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Are we making up news as we go, now?

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hpHJ5FXAcdCw7mukNgPD5wGAZJcA

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not that I'm questioning the validity of any of these reports, but as a former Navy public affairs wonk, I'm wondering why they were so willing to release details of the third incident but were so quiet about the other two?

9. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Hey, I just had my Gall Bladder out! Wanna see the scar? Here, hold this dog.

Wait, I gotta take a crap. C'mon, let's go in the can and I can show it to you there. We can finish up our talk when I'm on the pot.

Grab a couple of Frescas, will ya? But don't give one to Bundy if he's still in there.

10. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

One of the sailors on the Cole wound up playing college football as a pretty good defensive lineman for Georgia Southern.

11. Please google "Tillman, Pat" or "Lynch, Jessica" for the answer to your question.
    Putting this tape out is a major fucking bumble.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

You don't have to be a smart ass all the time, you know. I'm perfectly aware of those situations, thank you very fucking much.

Draft saved Draft deleted