1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gulf Of Tonkin, Can I Help You?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jan 10, 2008.

1. So you have a good point, why didn't they light them up?

2. dude, catalyst to war: Pearl Harbor-WWII; Gulf of Tonkin-Vietnam; 9/11-Afghanistan...and bullshit idea toward Iraq. Persian Gulf incident to come?-War with Iran...

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Dude why don't you just move to Iran and put a rag on your head.

I love when fenian trots out the Tonkin Gulf incident but then wants to lay most of blame on Nixon for Viet Nam. He cannot accpet the idea that it was 2 democrats that got us into the mess in the first place.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Easy, Boom. Take it easy, man.

5. Boom_70

that is probably good advise Doc but I hate it when people use the actions of the military to put forth their own agenda.

Nothing happened here. When you watch the tape you see how professional the crew was.

The implication here is that the navy did something wrong.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Gee, Boom, we all know you have a fleeting relationship with the English language but now we find out you're also a bigot.

Stay classy.

7. What? I missed something here...are you after the wrong guy?

Even if I was from Iran, why would you not want to engage in a healthy discussion of what happened the last couple of days as opposed to being spoon fed only what someone wants you to here.

For the record, I voted for Bush...twice. I disagree with the conclusions and investigation of 9/11 and I disagree with the war result of that incident. I'm insisting that we ask better questions when we are spoon fed shit that makes no sense...and that video/audio from the Pentagon is straight propaganda.

8. Boom_70

So is this propaganda also?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. No sir...the implication is actually that the Navy did something right. When you put the videos together, you see the Iranians routinely assessing the hostility of approaching vessels. The pentagon version puts it over the top with the we'll blow you up shit...and then the pentagon admits that the transmission may not have come from the harassing vessels. WTF?

The commanders of those vessels didn't blow their tops and I can't say that I would have kept my cool.

10. You tell me...looks like the USS Cole to me after it was struck by Al Qaeda in Yemen...Al Qaeda + Iran = not the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This thread feels like I'm riding a wire fence on my bunghole.

12. ouch

Draft saved Draft deleted