1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guitar Hero hero

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, May 30, 2007.

1. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Hoops, email or PM me if you need to be convinced. :p

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I call bullshit on that video. The guy starts "rocking out" -- a move where by ponting the guitar up, the board lights up in electric blue -- without actually pointing the guitar up.

Just sayin.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Then you, sir, were doing something terribly, terribly wrong. I'm quite awful with a real guitar, yet I have reaped its benefits. Just holding the damn thing will get you something.

4. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

However, hanging out with the dude with the guitar will not land you any benefits. :-[

5. I did fine in college sans guitar skills. I was a fraternity president. Of course, it was a frat loaded with high musicians. Maybe I was affected afterall ...

Just hit "Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight" on medium. Not a dry seat in the house!

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm a professional musician (and I even play the guitar badly) and it has never once gotten me laid. I guess guys aren't that interested in accomplished women. :-\

7. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Why stop there? Pedals for your double bass and hi-hat, gong, rototoms...

Man, when I was in junior high, all I wanted was a rage cage - crashes hanging off with chains (Dokken-style) and anything that could possibly fit on the rack. And even if it couldn't, I'd find a place for it.

But, since my parents weren't rich, I had to settle for a five-piece Tama Rockstar. Sans cage.

8. BRoth

BRoth Member

My neighbor freshman year had a constant stream of girls in and out of his room and he could only play two songs. Dave Matthews and John Mayer are all you need.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Speaking of guitar heros: I watched two of mine last night: Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Hubert Sumlin. Great, great concert.

/threadjack

10. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I don't think that's a threadjack. They're still guitar heroes. :)

Steve Vai came up on my iPod this morning.

11. BRoth

BRoth Member

I don't know if you have it, but HDNET broadcasts concerts every now and then. A couple months ago I caught a Joe Satriani show ... absolutely amazing. That guy has to be among the best guitar players ever.

12. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

And cowbell, we need more cowbell.

Draft saved Draft deleted